We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and experienced team managers with a passion for Corporate Parenting to work within the Permanence and Transition service.
This service works with children in care and care experienced young people up to the age of 25.
Working as a Team Manager
As a manager you will support your team to build long term relationships with children and young people and help them reach their full potential. You will be a team player and the ability to engage and communicate with other professionals is essential.
You should have a sound knowledge of the legislation and regulations surrounding children in care and care experienced young people and the ability to ensure your team are applying these.
The work includes occasional Court Work, linked to achieving permanence for our children and young people. The role also involves managing adolescent risk and a good understanding of contextual safeguarding is desirable.
You will be responsible for QA of work and supporting your team to produce quality work having good impacts on the children and young people they have responsibility for.
You will work creatively with multi-disciplinary groups to problem solve and care plan for children in care and care leavers ensuring that children have good quality permanence plans driving their journey through care.
The Successful candidate will have experience of:
- Quality reflective supervision
- QA of Care/ Pathway Plans and driving these forward
- Court work (desirable but not essential)
- Performance management
- Chairing multi-agency meetings
- Managing adolescent risk
- Restorative approach
The Service welcomes candidates committed to improving the lives of children and young people and who can demonstrate behaviours that positively contribute to service development.
What we can offer you
This is a great opportunity to grow your social work career with an ambitious authority at a time of exciting change. We’re embedding our new restorative practice approach across our teams and making significant investment in training our all practitioners and managers to build, maintain and repair relationships with our children and families.
Individual career assessments and support plans which are completed through the existing appraisal process and give you detailed plan to enable successful career progression. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career
To find out more about a career in social work in Devon visit our Working for Devon webpages
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy with dedicated support from our Restorative Practice Leads, as well as Research in Practice membership and full access to Devon Children and Families Safeguarding training programme.
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis.
- Continuing Professional Development Days in line with your personal Learning and Development Plan.
- Individual career assessments and support plans which are completed through the existing appraisal process and give you detailed plan to enable successful career progression. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career.
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 30 days with 5 years’ continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Up to £2,000 retention payment per year, paid in two 6 monthly instalments for those who have been working for a period of 6 months (pro rata for part time employees).
- Paid Professional Re-registration Fees.
- Relocation allowance in accordance with policy (T&Cs apply).
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7.
- Flexible working opportunities, including part-time, flexi-time and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role - please discuss at interview).
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Links to staff networks and forums such as our LGBTQ+, BAME and Staff Diversity support networks.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
Click HERE to find out more.
Click HERE to hear from our workforce about working for us and why you should join our Children’s Services. #TogetherWeCan
About the Permanency and Transition Teams
The Permanence and Transition Service (P&T) works with children in care and care experienced young people. The service is supported with learning advocates from the Virtual School and careers advisors from the Step Forward Programme, a housing pathway coordinator and homelessness prevention workers, as well as by our partners in health and other key agencies.
Permanence and Transition is a developing service with lots of exciting plans that will support our children and young people to achieve the best outcomes possible. We work together in partnership with carers, parents and partner agencies to ensure children in care and care experienced young people have the care that meets their needs as they develop. We are aspirational for our children and work hard together to achieve the best outcomes. Children in Care team managers work in close partnership with managers for the Care leavers service in order to ensure seamless and timely transitions for children and young people.
For an informal discussion, please contact Gemma Wilson on 01392 383000