Required to start as soon as possible.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our team at Mayfield Chestnut in Brixham which provides support to children at Primary age with special educational and behavioural needs.
The post is fixed term due to: Linked to additional funding. Contract may continue in line with funding
We currently have a full time position available. Working hours will be 8.40am to 3.40pm.
The starting salary for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant, based on 5 days a week (actual) is £15,654 per annum, paid equally across 12 months.
We are looking for candidates who are keen, motivated and are able to work as part of a team. Successful applicants will preferably have experience of working in a school setting. Knowledge of Special Educational Needs and or working with pupils with profound and severe learning difficulties is desirable but not essential.
Experience or relevant qualifications working within any educational establishment are vital for a Level 3 position (Non experienced positions are available as a Level 2, as on the job training is available).
You will support the teacher in creating opportunities for the children to learn in their own individual ways. You will need to be creative, flexible, patient, and perceptive, as you will need to write down observations for the teacher. However, as well as supporting the teaching, you will be trained by nurses, therapists and senior staff to carry out many other medical procedures.
The right candidate will have:
• Experience of working with children
• Some experience of supporting children in Literacy, Numeracy and working with SEND
• A good understanding of child development and learning processes
• The ability to be a great team player and also be able to work independently and use initiative
• An open-minded and inquisitive approach to the job but the ability to work to agreed strategies and procedures
• The ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with children, fellow staff members and families
• Experience of using ICT effectively
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barred list check and other Safeguarding and Medical Checks. The interview will be a panel interview along with a written task and may include other tasks on the day.
All candidates will be required to provide two references which will be taken up if shortlisted but before interview.
Please apply for this job via our online TES portal: https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/-1909146
Applications submitted elsewhere will not be checked.
Closing Date: 24th September 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportTeaching - Primary & Early YearsTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£15,653.84 actual salary (based on 5 days a week)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required