Pastoral Support Advisor - Alphington Primary School (Exeter Learning Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- Grade D
Start date: as soon as possible but able to offer a September start for the right candidate.
Alphington Primary School are looking to appoint a Pastoral Support Advisor to work as part of our team to support the emotional and social wellbeing of our pupils. We are looking for someone who can build trusting relationships with both parents and pupils to support them with addressing any barriers they may have to learning and wellbeing. The successful applicant will have experience of working with families and vulnerable children. You will also be responsible for working with the Headteacher to monitor and support the attendance of children.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate who:
- Will proactively seek ways to remove barriers to learning through supporting vulnerable children and their families throughout the school.
- Is skilled at delivering wellbeing interventions with children, both on a 1-2-1 basis and with small groups.
- Is not fazed by the daily challenge and variety that a busy primary school can present.
- Has a variety of strategies to support children who are showing a range of different behaviours.
- Has excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Has boundless patience and resilience.
- Has the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference to pupils who have a range of social, emotional and wellbeing needs.
Exeter Learning Academy Trust (ELAT) is a partnership of primary schools based in Exeter. The Trust currently has four schools: Alphington Primary School, Bowhill Primary School, Ide Primary School, and St Thomas Primary School.
We are a people-focused organisation with strong principles of enabling every child and adult within our Trust to thrive. We have high aspirations for all our children, regardless of their starting point, and in turn, expect our staff to have high aspirations of themselves. We believe that our strength lies in working together and using our collective skills and expertise to benefit the children in our schools.
If you would like any further information, an informal conversation or to arrange a school tour, please contact the Headteacher, Sharon Tarr, at Alphington Primary School 01392 254291.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. This role also requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Full details of the job description, personal specification and application form can be found on the Exeter Learning Academies Trust website www.exeterlearningacademytrust.co.uk.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is: Friday 31st March 2023 at 9am.
Interview Date: Will be Tuesday 18th April 2023.