Required as soon as possible, a pastoral leader to work within a team supporting the wellbeing and academic progress of our students.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual who can make such a positive contribution to the lives of young people.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with young people
- The ability to communicate with both young people and parents/carers
- To promote positive behaviour and support change
- Monitoring student progress (both academic and behaviour)
- Overseeing attendance for the Year group
- Supporting intervention to ensure all students succeed
- Organising and running TAF meetings
- Undertake safeguarding training and provide support for students
- To support students after school with homework and catch up
Benefits of working at Torquay Academy include:
- Priority admission to the Academy for secondary places
- Free gym membership to support health and wellbeing
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to change the lives of our students we would be delighted to hear from you.
Informal visits are welcome and encouraged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Torquay Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To find out more about working with us and to apply please visit tqacademy.co.uk/recruitment.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Scale Point 12 - 17: £24,496 - £26,845 FTE (actual salary £21,401 - £23,453)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required