We are seeking to appoint a Pastoral and Safeguarding Support Officer who is highly motivated, proactive and passionate about supporting children to meet their potential. You will be joining an excellent and friendly teaching team and will be provided with high quality training.
You will be required to:
• Work with school staff and other agencies to provide additional support to children who need help to overcome barriers to learning, targeting help to those children who need it most;
• Assist the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSL) and Headteacher in taking a lead role on safeguarding and child protection across the school, co-ordinating referrals, arranging actions and support, and reviewing services for children and families;
• Provide Pastoral support sessions for children;
• Lead lunchtime club supporting children’s wellbeing and social skills;
• Provide a point of contact for parents/carers who have concerns about their child;
• Work in partnership with other agencies under the direction of the SLT;
• Keep accurate and up to date records/CPOMS.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact the school on 01237 475178 to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
This post is subject to information provided by the Disclosure and Barring Service and referees.
The school will complete safeguarding checks and online searches.
Safeguarding policies are available to view on the school website.
To request an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£11.81 - £12.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required