2 Roles totalling 1.6 full time equivalents
Flexibility for full-time or part-time appointments
Salary: Full time £24,432 with potential future progression to £27,514
Location: Hybrid working (with Barnstaple, Plymouth and Exeter bases). One post in Northern Devon, one in South & West Devon
Northern Devon - permanent
South & West Devon – initially 12 months fixed term maternity cover.
We are seeking two exceptional, dynamic individuals to join our local Engagement Teams, working in local communities to unlock the ability of movement to change lives.
Active Devon is a community focussed, not for profit organisation with a vision of everyone in Devon active for life. We know the benefits of being active are life-changing, helping to reduce inequalities and delivering huge value in our communities. We hope that you will want to join us in making movement a positive part of people’s lives, whatever their background.
What you’ll be doing…
Our Partnerships Officers work in and with local communities. The principal focus of their role is building and managing relationships in those communities. They also plan and develop various collaborative initiatives, aimed at enabling those people who would benefit most from being active.
What experience you’ll need…
This is a fantastic opportunity for people with excellent relationship building skills and a passion for helping people. These will be allied with proven project planning and implementation skills. Experience working in the Community, Physical activity, Health or Education sectors would be advantageous.
The role would suit ambitious, values driven professionals looking to take their success and personal growth to the next level and join a highly regarded community focussed organisation which works at the leading edge of community based active lifestyles promotion.
Successful candidates will possess a real passion for the agenda and a strong fit with Active Devon’s values. They will be able to demonstrate clearly transferable skills and experiences or draw upon experience in a front-line physical activity, health or active lifestyles development role (voluntary or professional).
What you’ll get in return…
As well as the opportunity to work as part of an energetic and vibrant team, the successful candidate will benefit from:
- Generous salary with defined benefits (career average) pension scheme
- Flexible working scheme
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata)
- Various active workplace initiatives
How to apply….
Applicants must submit a completed application by midnight on 29th August 2022.
The online application process can be found at https://www.devonjobs.gov.uk/
Selection interviews: w/c 5th September TBC
Further job details….
The full job specification is available from https://www.devonjobs.gov.uk/ or by calling 01392 925150.
Active Devon will consider all candidates with appropriate skills and competencies, from all sections of the community.
Active Devon is hosted by Devon County Council through which you would be employed.
This role will require the post holder to undergo a DBS criminal records check.
To discuss this role, Active Devon or its work, please contact Tom Mack on 07943 574070
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterNorth DevonPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupLeisure & TourismYouth & CommunityProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum, pro rata (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required