Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along the west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. Devon Carers is the focus for the delivery of a number of services for carers of all ages across Devon, including peer support, hospital services and young carers.
About Devon Carers
The UK economy saves over £132 BILLION every year because of the work that unpaid Carers do day in and day out.
BUT WHO SUPPORTS THOSE CARERS?
Here at Devon Carers, we support over 22,000 unpaid carers, ensuring their health and wellbeing is taken care of.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK. Westbank is a well-established charity based in Exminster that aims to promote and improve the health and wellbeing of people in the local community, across Devon and beyond.
We are looking for people who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to work effectively with people at challenging times in their lives. That is being able to treat people with dignity and respect, being able to learn and reflect on practice and being part of a team that is committed to quality care and support. If this is you, then come and join our dedicated, committed and passionate team!
This is an exciting time to join Devon Carers in this brand-new role, with the aim of leading and developing the team to ensure that the Devon Carers service is, and remains, integrated into the Health & Social Care system within Devon, particularly focusing on increasing our engagement and integration with the NHS and local NHS Trusts, Local Authorities, Primary Care Networks and partnerships with key stakeholders across the county.
The role will include:
• Taking responsibility for creating and implementing a Primary Care Engagement Strategy;
• Developing and running pilot projects for different approaches to Primary Care Engagement, particularly with GP practices and Primary Care Networks, with the intention to increase referrals of Carers to Devon Carers;
• As part of the Senior Management of Westbank’s Carers Services, participation in robust discussions about the long-term future and planning for Westbank Carers Services;
• Working collaboratively with the Carer Ambassadors network to influence the wider system and ensure the carers voice is heard;
• Line managing and supervising multiple staff members within your teams, ensuring compliance with Westbank policies and procedures.
Additional information can be found on our website.
This is such a pivotal role for us, so please apply if you have:
• Experience of leading teams and supervising staff and managers at a high level;
• Experience of creating and implementing strategically planned work;
• Ability to lead, mentor and develop a multi-disciplinary team of staff and volunteers, ensuring high levels of commitment and job satisfaction;
• Relevant knowledge and understanding of Carers and the challenges they face;
• Experience of successful strategic and day-to-day management of services;
• The ability to positively contribute to and lead teamwork, including long and short-term projects;
• Experience of working in a senior role involving excellent liaison with external/other agencies, with strong negotiation skills.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE IN THE ADULT SOCIAL CARE SECTOR?
The short answer is yes, you do. Knowledge and experience of working in Adult Social Care are crucial for this role.
As well as a competitive salary and enhanced annual leave allowance (33 days per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays), there will be exciting opportunities for professional development during your employment whist being part of a dedicated and competent team. And you’ll be making a difference DAILY.
Westbank is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is, therefore, subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit a covering letter, with an up-to-date CV, ensuring you use the shortlisting criteria above to demonstrate how your previous experience makes you a stand-out candidate for the role, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, your application will not be considered should you submit your CV without a cover letter.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
Westbank, Exminster (with some remote working possible)
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportCommunications, Marketing & PRManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£27,150.63 - £33,485.78 pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Fixed Term until 30 April 2025, 30 - 37 hours per week available
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required