Location: Torbay area with a combination of Youth Club, Outdoors, Office, Residential and detached youth work
You will share our values, co-designed with our young people, by being:
• Able to work Together
You will receive the following benefits:
• Permanent Employment Status
• 25 Days Holiday plus all Bank Holidays between April and March each year (pro rata for part time employees)
• NEST Pension Scheme
• Supportive and rewarding working environment
• Clinical supervision and therapeutic training
• Support to employees with caring responsibilities
• We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements within the operational requirements of the post
We are recruiting for a part-time Participation/Development Worker to be a key member of our valued permanent team focusing on our Cared for Community.
• encourage and promote cared for and care experienced children and young people’s participation and voice in Torbay Youth Trust’s Cared for Community projects
• work alongside cared for and care experienced young people to facilitate free expression of their experiences, exploring how they would like to improve services and put these into action for change
• establish effective relationships and communication with foster carers, Children’s Services teams, other partner agencies and professionals to promote our Cared for Community projects, including presentations.
• contribute to the wider Cared For/Care Experienced strategic development with statutory partners.
• support the Project Lead with planning and coordinating group sessions.
You will have
• excellent proven communication skills with young people & the ability to engage children & young people in groups and to help them find their voice
• an awareness of specific issues affecting children and young people who are cared for/care experienced
• a proven ability to initiate, develop and maintain a range of cross-sector partnership relationships
• a level 3 Youth Work qualification or other relevant level 3 qualification
Torbay Youth Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of our safer recruitment process all roles are subject to an enhanced or standard DBS check (as appropriate to the role) and two satisfactory references.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Torbay Youth Trust is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply
Full details on the role including a person specification are available in the Job Description downloadable here or in the document section on our HR portal. When completing your application, your supporting statement should explain why you are suitable for the post and your aspirations to support and develop the work of Torbay Youth Trust.
Informal enquiries are encouraged and can be made to: Johanna Morrell, Director of Torbay Youth Trust by contacting her at email@example.com
To apply for the role firstly download and complete the application form available here, or in the documents section on our portal. Once completed please follow the link to our HR Portal at https://hr.breathehr.com/v/participation-development-worker-24881
click apply, enter your personal details and then upload your completed application form to this portal. Here you will also find our
• Application form
• Job description
• Applicant Privacy Notice
• And more information About Torbay Youth Trust
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthYouth & Community
- Salary Details
Starting Salary £20,520 per annum pro rata (actual starting salary £5,545.95 per annum)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
10 hours per week (0.27 FTE) with ability to work flexibly and to accommodate unsociable hours including working evenings and across some weekends
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required