Are you looking for a role where you make a difference to the lives of children and families? Are you looking to be part of a flexible and supportive team? Do you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards learning, and are proactive and willing to help and support others? Are you looking to work in an organisation where you are valued, and provided with an attractive benefits package? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for a Panel Administrator to join our administrative team working in Adopt South West.
Why work for Devon County Council:
- Good pay rates
- Flexible working hours, and agile working locations
- Excellent health & wellbeing culture
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- Access to employee discount scheme: ‘Devon Discounts’ – Accommodation, Food & Drink, Leisure & Transport, and more!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent ongoing internal learning, development & training opportunities
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Employee Assistance Programme
What skills & qualities we need from you:
- Able to use office 365 programmes, TEAMS/Outlook/Calendars/Microsoft Edge/Excel/Word - Basic Training will be provided
- Experience of note taking (typed) at meetings or willingness to learn the task
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude towards learning and supporting your colleagues
- Good communication skills & the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues, managers, senior managers, and wider colleagues
- Ability to plan your daily workload, and be adaptable to respond quickly to changing service priorities
- Ability to think on your feet and work with colleagues to resolve problems
- Remain calm and resilient under pressure
What key tasks/responsibilities will the role involve:
- Use of a laptop, provided by DCC, to access internal systems and Microsoft packages to conduct your role
- Supporting with coordination and administration before/during/after Panel meetings
- Creating accurate, typed notes at Panel meetings, held virtually over Microsoft TEAMS
- Managing a shared team mailbox, acting on and responding to incoming/outgoing mail
- Creating and managing rotas
- Communicating with Social Workers, Team Managers, Senior Managers and external professionals
- Updating internal recording systems
- Inputting data into spreadsheets/word documents
- Providing direct support to Quality Assurance Managers, Team Managers, Social Workers, and Senior Managers
- You will be working in an ‘agile’ way – some home working, and some office-based work
Does this opportunity to join a fun, vibrant and dynamic team interest you? Then do not delay, apply now.
Job Location: Adopt South West have offices in Plymouth, Devon (Exeter, Totnes & Barnstaple), Somerset (Taunton, Yeovil & Bridgwater) and Torbay - Office location to be decided based on successful applicant. Significant home working, with access to an office as required
Opportunities to work flexibly: Yes
During your application you will be asked to type a ‘supporting statement'. The supporting statement will form a vital part of the selection process, including if you are invited to formal interview. It is Important that you review the job description and person specification when typing your supporting statement, as you will need to demonstrate that you have the relevant skills/qualities this role requires.
Interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams, you will therefore need access to a device that has both video and microphone capability.
If you would like to find out more about this role before applying, please feel free to contact me for an informal discussion:
Name: Tom Johnson
Telephone number: 01392 383972
DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationPlymouthSomersetTorbayDevon
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required