Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher
Benefits: Pension Scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint a PPA Cover Supervisor (HLTA) to deliver whole class cover to facilitate release time for teachers. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in working across our entire primary setting and to make a difference to the provision and delivery of the curriculum. If you are motivated about providing stimulating learning experiences for young minds, we want to hear from you!
St Leonard’s can promise you a dynamic and passionate team who are committed to ‘being the best we can be’. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community. This is an exciting role that will take account of any specialisms you may have.
• A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do;
• Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn;
• The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre;
• A headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making;
• An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 18 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Be effective at developing caring and positive relationships with pupils and have the presence to manage all classes in the school;
• Work collaboratively with teaching staff, assist in the planning cycle and help prepare of resources. Your own PPA time will be given to you;
• Be dedicated to providing meaningful and effective cover and to removing barriers to learning for pupils;
• Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature;
• Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make arrangements.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found at www.stleonards.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org.
Please apply 8am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 18 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
SC Grade 5 SCP Range 14-17 £23,484 - £24,920 pro rata (£17,469 - £18,537 actual)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
32 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (holidays to be taken out of term time)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required