Do you want to join a service that is innovative, forward thinking, with the focus always being to improve outcomes for Children, Young People and their families? Then look no further than Devon Public Health Nursing, which is nestled within the stunning scenery of award-winning beaches, vibrant cities and towns and Dartmoor National Trust.
Devon County Council Public Health Nursing Service is looking to recruit a Named Professional for Safeguarding Children.
This important statutory role is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse / Midwife or Registered Social Worker to work closely with our partner agencies and colleagues in Children Services to lead and further develop the Safeguarding children agenda across the organisation.
For this exciting role you must
- hold the relevant nursing / midwifery / Registered Social Worker qualifications
- have extensive post qualification experience, including working knowledge of safeguarding children.
You will lead a newly appointed team from 1st January 2023, delivering the safeguarding service for the Devon Public Health Nursing service, providing specialist advice, guidance, supervision and training to all Public Health Nursing staff members promoting evidence based professional practice.
For further details or to discuss this role please contact Julie Kitchen (Head of Quality and Assurance) on 07815 024177 or Kate Stephens (Head of Service) on 07866 976826.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£48,526 - £54,619 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required