Location: Based at Sunrise offices, 25 Castle Street, Barnstaple, with hybrid working. Travel around Northern Devon as required
Holiday: 30 days including bank holidays (pro rata)
Reporting to: CEO
Pension: 3% Employer, 5% Employee
About Sunrise Diversity
Sunrise is a grass-roots charity promoting equality, diversity and social inclusion in rural communities in Northern Devon. We work with the community to eliminate discrimination and promote strong, positive community relations through our range of services and activities, which challenge discrimination, help change attitudes and celebrate diversity.
Staff, trustees and volunteers are committed and passionate about Sunrise’s aims and objectives and work closely together. This appointment comes at an important time in our development and is an exciting opportunity for someone to join Sunrise as it embarks on developing and expanding services.
Job Description and Person Specification
Personal Outlook: You will have a strong commitment to the voluntary sector and a desire to make a real difference to the lives of people from diverse backgrounds such as migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, the LGBTQ+ community. You will be working as a member of a small vibrant staff team. Some out-of-hours work will occasionally be necessary, for example, for occasional evening or weekend events, training, volunteer induction evenings etc.
We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
Purpose of the role: This post plays a key part within the organization, leading and supporting a team of Community Workers and ESOL Workers and Volunteers in their roles involved in casework, classes, activities, projects and events. Ensuring the wellbeing of the team, supervising casework, and acting as safeguarding lead will be a major priority as well as ensuring projects and events are well planned and executed and delivered within budget. The individual appointed will work closely with the CEO, to be sure the team is well resourced and supported and working in the direction that supports the ongoing strategy. Feeding back into the developing strategy and budget planning processes, the position will ensure plans are realistic and achievable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and lead core team of Community Workers and ESOL team including induction, supervision, training and appraisals
• Provide casework guidance, support and supervision to staff
• Operational management and delivery of projects including financial planning and oversight
• Capture and monitoring of projects against outputs and outcomes
• Oversee volunteer recruitment and management
• Act as safeguarding lead
• Health and safety responsibilities for activities of line managed staff and activities
• Input into public relations and building and developing partnerships
• Input into fundraising including grant applications, individual and corporate giving.
• Input to strategy development and planning
• Educated to degree level (D) or equivalent experience (E)
• Experience of managing, motivating, and supporting people (E)
• Experience of providing casework, information, advice and guidance services (E)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
• Ability to keep abreast of the field of diversity and associated areas of work (E)
• Ability to manage projects and develop plans and strategies (E)
• Ability to produce analysis of information(E)
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workloads (E)
• Knowledge of the diversity field/sector (D)
(E) = Essential (D)= Desirable
Sunrise takes responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people who access its services. Therefore, we will check the suitability of the successful candidate to work with vulnerable people and an enhanced DBS disclosure and references are required for this post.
Please contact Ana Gabriela Lodge, CEO, if you have any questions on 07923 050833.
For further information and to apply please visit Sunrise Diversity | North Devon Based Charity Supporting Minority Groups
Please complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interview Date: w/c 9th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
EX31 1DR / Hybrid
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£22,131 per annum (£30,984 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
25 hours per week between Monday - Thursday with some evening and weekends
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required