About The Role
We require an Office Administrator Apprentice to support the admin team and be a point of contact for parents and visitors both face to face and over the phone. The successful candidate will provide general reception and administration support to facilitate the smooth running of the very busy school office.
If successful you will be enrolled onto an 18-month Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship at South Devon College. You will attend taught lessons at South Devon College which will give you the knowledge and understanding into what goes into becoming a proficient Business Administrator. Supported by your assessor coach, course tutor and the team here at Kings Ash Academy you will get the chance to hone these skills daily. This role is truly a fantastic opportunity for anyone to create a new career.
Kings Ash Academy is a modern, exciting and stimulating environment in which our children are encouraged to do their very best and reach their potential.
Kings Ash Academy opens its doors to children from the age of 2. We are proud of our Nursery provision which is staffed by warm, caring high quality practitioners who aim to give children the best possible start to their school journey. This journey then leads them into Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and onto Key Stage 2. Throughout their time at our school they will be supported and encouraged by adults who are committed to ensuring that they are safe, healthy and happy.
Kings Ash Academy values working with Parents, Carers and the whole community and we believe that the best way to provide for our children is by working together with you. As well as giving our children the very best education and curriculum we also want them to think creatively and collaboratively.
At Kings Ash Academy we believe that all of our children have the right to learn, have high aspirations and achieve their true potential. Everyone at Kings Ash Academy supports this and strives to do their best.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report.
What we can offer you:
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of staff across our Trust we would encourage you to apply.
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Emma Varney (Office Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal conversation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email email@example.com
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
£6.50 per hour
- Job TermFixedTraining / apprenticeship
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (term time plus 5 days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required