The Communtiy Health and Social Care Team Exeter West and South are looking for an enthsiastic and motivated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work in a busy city team.
We are a supportive team made up of social care assessors, Social workers and occupational therapists. The team carry out assessments face to face in the person’s own home and virtually using other forms of technology.
You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions. Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their independence and potential, as well as increasing their safety through reducing and managing risk to themselves and their carers.
You will be required to hold and manage a caseload and provide a person-centred service through clinical assessment within the context of local government policy and legislation.
Your Occupational Therapy intervention will be determined by the Care Act 2014 eligibility criteria and a strengths-based approach, aiming to promote independence. Interventions could include signposting or advice, provision of equipment, minor adaptations, recommendations for major adaptations, support with rehousing, recommendation for packages of care or referral onto other teams. You will be committed to equality and diversity and to achieving positive outcomes for the people you support
You will be part of a friendly, supportive and experienced team with regular peer support, supervision, appraisal, team meetings and a commitment to learning and development,
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Occupational Therapist has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.