Are you an OT with a strong background in physical disability?
Does manual handling, equipment and adaptations interest you?
Do you like working with people with long term conditions?
We are looking for a part time Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our Honiton, Ottery st Mary and Cranbrook Community Health & Social Care Team.
Interventions could include signposting or advice, provision of equipment, minor adaptations, recommendations for major adaptations, support with rehousing, recommendation for packages of care or referral onto other teams.
You will be required to provide a person-centred service through specialist clinical assessment within the context of local government policy and legislation, including applying a strengths-based approach.
You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions.
Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their safety, independence, and potential, as well as reducing risk to themselves and their carers.
Your Occupational Therapy intervention will be determined by the Care Act 2014 eligibility criteria and the strength-based approach, but can include the provision of daily living equipment, arranging major and minor adaptations and close liaison with partner agencies.
We are a busy multi-disciplinary team comprising of Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Social Care Assessors. We provide ongoing peer support and supervision and are keen to welcome applicants who would make a positive contribution.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Occupational Therapist has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
For an informal chat, please contact the Team Manager, Tracey Jones on email@example.com or 01392 385803
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£35,392 - £42,618 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.2 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required