Are you an OT with a strong background in physical disability? does manual handling, equipment and adaptations interest you? do you like working with people with long term conditions?
We are looking for a band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our Central and East Exeter Community Health & Social Care Team.
Interventions could include signposting or advice, provision of equipment, minor adaptations, recommendations for major adaptations, support with rehousing, recommendation for packages of care or referral onto other teams.
We will consider applications from applicants looking for full and part time hours.
You will be required to provide a person-centred service through specialist clinical assessment within the context of local government policy and legislation, including applying a strengths-based approach.
You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions.
Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their safety, independence, and potential, as well as reducing risk to themselves and their carers.
Your Occupational Therapy intervention will be determined by the Care Act 2014 eligibility criteria and the strength-based approach, but can include the provision of daily living equipment, arranging major and minor adaptations and close liaison with partner agencies.
We are a busy multi-disciplinary team comprising of Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Social Care Assessors. We provide ongoing peer support and supervision and are keen to welcome applicants who would make a positive contribution.
For further information on this role please contact Miriam Fallon on 01392 383000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.