We are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our East Exeter Community Health & Social Care Team.
You will be required to provide a person-centred service through specialist clinical assessment within the context of local government policy and legislation, including applying a strengths-based approach. You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions.
Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their safety, independence, and potential, as well as reducing risk to themselves and their carers. Your Occupational Therapy intervention will be determined by the Care Act 2014 eligibility criteria and the strength-based approach, but can include the provision of daily living equipment, arranging major and minor adaptations and close liaison with partner agencies.
We are a busy multi-disciplinary team comprising of Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Social Care Assessors. We provide ongoing peer support and supervision and are keen to welcome applicants who would make a positive contribution.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Occupational Therapist has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
For further information on this role please contact Juliette Hill on 01392 383000 or email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£32,306 - £39,027 (Band 6) per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required