We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Occupational Therapist to join our team based in Care Direct Plus North, Barnstaple.
The Care Direct Plus North Occupational Therapy team are based in Barnstaple, but also work remotely. We cover a large area including some rural communities as well as towns and villages across North Devon. Our team is closely connected with NHS teams, other social care teams, district councils, housing and equipment providers. We are an enthusiastic supportive team made up of social care assessors and both band 5 and 6 occupational therapists. The team carry out assessments over the telephone, virtually using other forms of technology and face to face in the person’s own home.
The Role: 22.2 hours per week (3 days)
You will be part of a friendly, supportive and experienced team with regular peer support, supervision, appraisal, team meetings and a commitment to learning and development, having access to regular CPD sessions. You will have the opportunity to travel around the very scenic North Devon to assess and support the people that we work with.
You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions across North Devon. Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their independence and potential, as well as increasing their safety through reducing and managing risk to themselves and their carers.
You will be required to hold and manage a caseload and provide a person-centred service through clinical assessment within the context of local government policy and legislation.
Your Occupational Therapy intervention will be determined by the Care Act 2014 eligibility criteria and a strengths-based approach, aiming to promote independence. Interventions could include signposting or advice, provision of equipment, minor adaptations, recommendations for major adaptations, support with rehousing, recommendation for packages of care or referral onto other teams. You will be committed to equality and diversity and to achieving positive outcomes for the people of North Devon.
As a Band 5 you will be well supported in developing your skills as a Social Care Occupational Therapist using our Preceptorship programme.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Occupational Therapist has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
For further information on this role please contact Jess Riley on 01392 388013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£25,655 - £31,534 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.2 Hours Per Week (3 Days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required