We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist with a specialist interest in moving and handling to join the friendly and supportive Occupational Therapy team at Care Direct Plus East.
The role would suit someone who has experience of moving and handling or an ambitious and experienced Occupational Therapist who would like the opportunity to develop these skills.
The role of the Double Handed Review Specialist Occupational Therapist is focussed on working with a wide variety of people with disabilities aiming to maximise their safety, independence, and potential.
You would be undertaking assessments including moving and handling reviews within a community setting.
You would also be prescribing and implementing effective strategies to achieve person centred and cost effective outcomes for individuals which would include the use of specialist equipment and care packages.
You will be part of an Occupational Therapy team consisting of Band 5 and Band 6 Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants (Social Care Assessors). This is a very supportive team who work well together to achieve good outcomes for individuals. The role may require providing clinical supervision to other team members.
You will receive excellent support, regular supervision, access to training and organised CDP sessions with opportunities to reflect on your practice.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Occupational Therapist has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Gemma Whiting, CDPE Occupational Therapy Team Manager on 07890401162.
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.