Secondment 12 Months
Devon County Council is looking for an inspirational individual to lead the Network Response Team. The successful candidate will also join the Network Operations Management Team and assist the wider Traffic Group in their duty to promote the expeditious movement of traffic throughout the County.
This is an exciting and varied role with significant budget management responsibility. The successful candidate will take county-wide responsibility for the delivery of the highway safety inspection service, working with our contractor to ensure safety defects are repaired within policy times. Equally, the role includes responsibility for the development and delivery of an effective winter service.
You will deliver these reactive duties whilst contributing to DCC’s winder aims such as carbon reduction, embracing emerging technology and ensuring communities are kept safe and resilient. Efficient partnership working with a host of DCC teams, senior stakeholders and multi-agency partners is pivotal to delivering these aims in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Further information is contained in the Job Description and Person Specification
Should you wish to have an informal discussion about the opportunity, please don’t hesitate to contact Alex Crump on 01392 383000.
DCC and the Devon Highways team strive to create a positive working environment and do so by working within key principles and behaviours. Our Core Principles outline what we expect from our organisation and the way we work; and our core behaviours outline how we should act and behave in our work and in our interactions with others. The Behaviours are described in terms of expectations and impact. Please familiarise yourselves with the following, as we will use our Principles and Behaviours as the underlying framework for selection. https://sway.office.com/xDOloybHHt89JJlr?ref=Link
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in early December. The process will include a short presentation, behavioural questionnaire and traditional interview.
Please note that this post is advertised as 12-month secondment
Other Additional Information
- During winter months, the postholder is required to fulfil the Central Decision Maker role to determine the winter action (i.e. gritting) on a roster basis (currently shared amongst 6 colleagues). An additional allowance is received when this work falls on weekends or bank holidays.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.