An opportunity has arisen to recruit a self-motivated and enthusiastic Network Enforcement Officer in the Traffic Management Group.
The primary role is to ensure the highway asset is safe and available to use so contributing to the expeditious movement of traffic. This involves monitoring legislated compliance of road works activities on Devon’s network and taking enforcement action if necessary. While solo working is the norm, you act on your own initiative as part of a small team inspecting and reacting to events in your area with supervisory support. You will liaise with utility companies and assess compliance of maintenance contractors’ reinstatements, identifying offences at road work sites and acting on electronic information received.
The post will primarily be covering the West of the County (areas to include West Devon, South Hams and Teignbridge), however requirement to respond countywide will be required.
For an informal discussion please contact Andy Nicks on 01392 382017
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
What we can offer you:
- Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer.
- In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme