Required to start January 2023
The Acorn Multi Academy Trust consists of seven schools; St Andrew’s CE Primary, Chardstock, Mrs Ethelston’s CE Primary, Uplyme, Axminster Community Primary, Membury Primary, St Mary’s CE Primary, Thorncombe, Loders CE Primary and Marshwood CE Primary, Bridport.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and committed member of staff to join our friendly and hardworking team. You will be responsible for ensuring that our buildings are fully operational, legally compliant and excellent learning environments.
Applicants should have:
• Ability to carry out maintenance, repair, minor improvements and installation across the sites
• Experience of managing site services in a school or similar establishment
• Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills
• Ability to maintain accurate maintenance records and site risk assessments.
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task and deal with a diverse workload
• Good IT knowledge – Word and Excel and Office applications
• The ability to communicate effectively with members of staff and site contractors
• Ability to lead and motivate teams, is approachable and a good team player
• Able to respond swiftly and effectively to the unexpected
• Able to work under pressure
• Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and Fire Safety legislation
• Strong awareness of the importance of safeguarding in schools
• A full driving licence and use of own vehicle due to the demands of the role.
An informal telephone discussion with the Michelle Crabb prior to application is encouraged. Please see the dates below and contact us on 01297 800250 to make an appointment.
Acorn Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and anyone applying to work at the school is expected to share this commitment. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
Application forms and person specification can be downloaded from our website at Jobs (acornacademy.org).
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevonDorset
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
Grade F24 – F29: £31,099 - £34,723 depending on experience (plus mileage allowance)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, all year round (52 weeks)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required