Reports To: Estate Manager
Required to start as soon as possible.
We are seeking two organised and self-motivated individuals to provide a high standard of premises maintenance at our Cornwall and Devon academies. Sites will be assigned according to where the successful candidate is based. Travel to sites will not exceed one hour.
In term time, typical working hours are Monday - Friday 2pm - 10pm and in school holidays the hours change to daytime hours, typically 8.30am - 4.30pm. These hours can be flexible to suit the individual and the business.
Are you an enthusiastic team player with a good standard of practical knowledge, skills and experience of building maintenance work in a school or similar environment? Can you demonstrate general working skills in carpentry, fixing locks, electrical, plumbing, drainage and painting and decorating?
What you will be doing
As the site maintenance person, you will be part of our essential Estates Team ensuring that our buildings are maintained to a high quality and kept in a safe working condition. A good working knowledge/understanding of the challenges of maintaining an educational setting would be beneficial. You will be provided with a van and tools.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety polices & regulations;
- Plan and prioritise work including ordering materials and equipment with your line manager;
- Use IT systems to communicate and record information;
- Interact with staff, pupils and parents in a friendly and professional manner;
- Organise and oversee contractors carrying out works on site;
- Be an integral member of a dedicated Estates team to ensure that our academies are a safe environment.
For a full list of duties, please see the full job description.
Wave Multi Academy Trust delivers education to pupils across Devon & Cornwall. Our vision is to significantly change pupil’s lives for the better.
Our academies provide the following:
- Mainstream education for pupils who are designated as disengaged;
- Education for pupils unable to attend school due to medical reasons;
- Education for pupils with social interaction and communication needs including those on the Autism Spectrum and Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
At Wave, we are committed to progressing the social, emotional and academic outcomes for all of our students to enable them to achieve their true potential. The Trust educates over 1,000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We believe that our values empower our young people to succeed; they are at the core of everything we do and embody what we are looking for when we seek to recruit new staff.
For further information on our values and about us, please visit www.waveedu.org.
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Occupational Health Services;
- Professional Development and Training;
- Salary depending on experience;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Tech Scheme;
- Free Will Writing Benefit;
- Health & Wellbeing Champion;
- Company sick pay dependent on service;
- Free refreshments in workplaces.
If you feel this role is of interest, we look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact the Estates Manager on 07818 015535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wave MAT is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To request an application pack, please visit www.wavemat.org/vacancies or contact our HR team by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be arranged
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonOutside Devon
- Work Postcode
Devon and/or Cornwall (depending on where candidate is based)
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
D18 - D22 £20,645 - £22,794 (£10.70 - £11.81 per hour depending on spine point)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
During term time - PM start, During school holidays - Day time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required