This is an enjoyable and rewarding position for someone who is caring and dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and their families.
Are you a positive and enthusiastic person who relishes a varied and rewarding role? Do you have empathy, resilience and an interest in supporting children and young people in their education setting and their community? We are looking to recruit to our team to provide one to one support for children and young people who have multi-sensory impairment.
About the role
We will support you in your on-going development within the role to support specific children on a 1-1 basis to access their education and community. You will support children to reach agreed personal goals and outcomes through engaging them to make choices and decisions.
The children and young people you support may be based in various locations across the county so we welcome applications from candidates throughout Devon. We will aim to keep travel to a minimum for you.
Rates of pay:
Starting at £11.59
Rising to £12.70
Saturday is £17.39 per hour rising to £19.05
Sunday and bank holidays are £23.18 per hour raising to £25.40
• You will have a can-do approach;
• You will also have the ability to engage and build positive relationships with children & young people;
• You will need to contribute to a team ethos;
• You should have a willingness to work towards qualifications in additional communication approaches such as Makaton and British Sign Language;
• Please note that the ability to drive with access to your own vehicle and a valid UK driving licence is essential to the role.
What we can offer you
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
• 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays;
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website;
• Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme - available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life;
• Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role);
• Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme.
How to apply
For further information about the role, please see the attached job description or contact Susie Wilford on 07890 895720 or email@example.com.
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
• This role requires a DBS disclosure.
• DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
• The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
• This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
• Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
• Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
• For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.