Fixed Term 6 Months
This is an enjoyable and rewarding position for someone who is caring and dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and their families.
Are you a positive and enthusiastic person who relishes a varied and rewarding role? Do you have empathy, resilience, and an interest in supporting children and young people in their education setting and their community? We are looking to recruit 2 temporary members of staff to our team, to provide one to one support for children and young people who have multi-sensory impairment. These roles are on a fixed term 6 month contract.
About the role
We will support you in your on-going development within the role to support specific children on a 1-1 basis to access their education and community. You will support children to reach agreed personal goals and outcomes through engaging them to make choices and decisions.
The children and young people you support may be based in various locations across the county so we welcome applications from candidates throughout Devon. We will aim to keep travel to a minimum for you.
You will have a can-do approach
You will also have the ability to engage and build positive relationships with children & young people
You will need to contribute to a team ethos
You should have a willingness to work towards qualifications in additional communication approaches such as Makaton and British Sign Language.
For further information about the role please see attached job description or contact Susie Wilford, 07890895720. Or email email@example.com
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required