We have 2 roles available in the Devon Partnership NHS Trust’s South and West Devon Social Care Team:
- One role based within the Core Adult Mental Health Team in South Hams (Leatside Surgery, Totnes)
- and the other role based within the Core Adult Mental Health Team in West Devon (The Quay, Tavistock).
Although these vacancies have nominal bases in Tavistock and Totnes there is potential for flexibility or exchange of area with existing team members. We have another base at Newton Abbot. Please do make contact if you are interested in discussing further.
We will consider applications for full and part time hours.
We will also consider applications from Newly Qualified Social Workers or candidates who do not currently hold their Social Work England Registration but are in the process of obtaining it. Please note, Social Work England registration must be in place by February 2023 to be eligible to apply for this post.
The successful candidates will be part of an experienced Social Care Team that stretches across the locality.
At the same time they will represent the Social Care Team in one of the 4 Core Adult Mental Health Teams, working alongside other staff (Peer support workers, Nurses, OTs, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, non-registered staff) delivering other parts of mental health services.
We are lucky to have a stable workforce who make a real difference to the lives of individuals with mental health conditions.
Career development is something we value and support, and these posts have become vacant due to existing team members being successful in moving on to train as Approved Mental Health Professionals.
It is also worth noting there are other directions for development including access to a range of training that Devon Partnership NHS Trust and Devon County Council provide which includes, among other things management, supervision and therapeutic and other social work intervention skills.
We have fully implemented an exciting transformation programme in the way that Social Care is delivered within Devon Partnership Trust.
You will be employed by Devon County Council but assigned to Devon Partnership NHS Trust to be part of integrated services delivering the statutory functions of the Local Authority to adults with significant mental health difficulties.
We are looking for enthusiastic Social Work professionals across Devon who can evidence a commitment to strengths-based practice, good knowledge base (incl. relevant legislation), a real pride in their profession and passion for delivering a social care pathway to individuals accessing secondary mental health services.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
- Delivering a social care pathway in line with the requirements of the Care Act 2014;
- A strong focus on offering a personalised and person-centred approach to assessment, support planning, safeguarding and review;
- Strong, effective communication skills as you will be working in partnership with other statutory and voluntary sector organisations;
- Commitment to involving service users and carers in the delivery of a high quality and equitable service
An experienced and qualified Social Worker (CQSW, DipSW, BA Hons, MA or equivalent) who is registered to practice with Social Work England (previously HCPC).
You will have completed the Assessed First Year in (post-qualifying) Social Work practice, if appropriate, and can demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as we are committed to supporting you to look at post-qualifying opportunities during your career with us.
Bringing a comprehensive working knowledge of the issues currently impacting on social care delivery, you will be up-to-date with policy and practice development.
The roles require travelling significant distances, sometimes in urgent situations and without prior notice, in a rural environment where public transport may not be available.
You will need to hold a current full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support may be available.
For more information contact Tom Woodd, South and West Devon Social Care Lead: on 07976 155314 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£31,099 - £39,493 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
Up to 37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required