We have an exciting role available in the North Devon Social Care Team - Based within the Community Mental Health Team in Barnstaple (West Pilton Health and Wellbeing Clinic).
We will also consider applications from Newly Qualified Social Workers or candidates who do not currently hold their Social Work England Registration but are in the process of obtaining it. Please note, Social Work England registration must be in place by February 2023 to be eligible to apply for this post.
The successful candidate will be placed in an experienced social care team with a stable workforce who make a real difference to the lives of individuals with mental health conditions.
We have fully implemented an exciting transformation programme in the way that Social Care is delivered within Devon Partnership Trust.
There are now more Assigned Social Workers in Devon Partnership Trust than ever before delivering the statutory functions of the Local Authority.
We are looking for enthusiastic Social Work professionals across Devon who can evidence a commitment to strengths-based practice, a real pride in their profession and passion for delivering a social care pathway to individuals accessing secondary mental health services.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF).
The PCF is a framework for the nine levels of social work in England. Identify which level you are, define your professional capabilities and develop your career. Find out more.
- Delivering a social care pathway in line with the requirements of the Care Act 2014;
- A strong focus on offering a personalised and person-centred approach to assessment, support planning, safeguarding and review;
- Strong, effective communication skills as you will be working in partnership with other statutory and voluntary sector organisations;
- Commitment to involving service users and carers in the delivery of a high quality and equitable service
An experienced and qualified Social Worker (CQSW, DipSW, BA Hons, MA or equivalent) who is registered to practice with Social Work England (previously HCPC).
You will have completed the Assessed First Year in (post-qualifying) Social Work practice, if appropriate, and can demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as we are committed to supporting you to look at post-qualifying opportunities during your career with us.
Bringing a comprehensive working knowledge of the issues currently impacting on social care delivery, you will be up-to-date with policy and practice development.
The roles require travelling significant distances, sometimes in urgent situations and without prior notice, in a rural environment where public transport may not be available.
You will need to hold a current full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support may be available.
We would also consider offering this post as a Secondment opportunity for Devon County Council employees. Please ensure you obtain agreement from your line manager prior to making an application, as this is essential for your application to be considered.
For more information contact Carole Bewes, North and Mid Devon Social Care Team Manager: on 07422 078959 or firstname.lastname@example.org