We are looking for an administrator to join a small team, who have an important role in managing the administration of the legal documentation and provision of legal documents to all parties required under the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) for Devon County Council.
This is a supportive and dynamic service, and the team Administrators play a key role in the effective delivery of the statutory processes and Devon County Council business systems related to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
About the Role: Based in Exeter but covering a county wide service, this is an ideal role for administrators who have a keen eye for detail and a good understanding of Microsoft Applications such as Outlook, Work and Excel. Full training and support will be given
About you: We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and an organised, calm, and practical approach with the ability to prioritise a busy workload. Having a working knowledge of Adult Social Care business is desirable although training will be provided.
What we can offer to you: As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon has never been more attractive.
We are a well-established team offering excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your work. We are committed to continuous development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career.
Flexible working arrangements may be considered.
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Templeman 07773 663380.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 pro rata, per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required