Newton Poppleford Primary School are looking for a caring Mealtime Play Assistant (MTPA) who can lead play, interact with the children and undertake the responsibility of supervising and ensuring the safety of the children at all times. You will be required to work for one and a half hours a day, Monday to Friday (days negotiable if more than one candidate wishes to share the role).
The main duties of the role are:
• To set up and lead play activities in the playground;
• To co-ordinate play for pupils;
• To assist with the well-being of pupils during lunchtime;
• To support the supervision of children during lunch and play, using your initiative to ensure caring quality provision is continuously made.
Experience of working with children is not essential, just the passion to help improve the life chances of children within a school environment whilst being prepared to work inside and outside in all weathers.
Newton Poppleford Primary is a caring school, who nurture the whole child; we pride ourselves on looking after one another, like a family. We look forward to welcoming the right candidate into our family community.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the school office on 01395 568300.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.50 per hour (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
6.25 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required