We are a vibrant, forward thinking primary school in the heart of Exeter City Centre, currently in a managed partnership with St Christopher's Church of England Multi Academy Trust. Our values and ethos underpin our operations and we are committed to providing the best possible outcomes for all pupils in our school community. An opportunity has become available for a Mealtime Assistant to work as part of our lunch time team. We are ideally looking for someone to join us as soon as possible, or by September 2022 at the latest.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure and monitor the safety and good behaviour of the children at lunchtime;
- Supervise the children playing in the playground;
- Interact with children playing games;
- Administer first aid according to our policy (training will be given);
- Supervise and support pupils in the dining hall.
- Enjoy working with children;
- Be trained in Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene training upon commencing employment with the school;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Wish to support the caring Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
- A wonderful opportunity to be part of a team and further develop our successful school;
- An opportunity to work with well behaved children who are motivated learners and enjoy their lunch and play time;
- The support of an established team;
- Local Authority pension Contribution;
- A commitment to your continued professional development, through a range of training opportunities.
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Karen Leach, Acting Headteacher, on 01392 255551.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form and job description are available from www.st-sidwells-ce.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to Rachel Hingston, Business Improvement Manager for St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust, by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advert early in the event of sufficient applications being received.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.50 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time/Term TimePart TimeTerm Time
7.5 hours per week (11.45am - 1.15pm, Monday - Friday), 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required