This post is fixed term until 30th April 2025.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Marketing & Communications Officer who will play a crucial role in developing internal and external communications campaigns to promote and support the varied programmes our charity offers to the local community and across Devon.
As the Marketing & Communications Officer:
• You will have experience in building brand awareness and creating brand guidelines embedded across multiple teams;
• You will work with other team members to manage and plan relevant content for all our social media accounts and website;
• You will develop marketing materials, print and digital for all teams within the service;
• You will identify and develop suitable networking opportunities;
• You will support the activities of Westbank, particularly in relation to reputation and fundraising.
What we offer:
• An excellent rate of pay and hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
• A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays;
• Sick pay following successful completion of probationary period;
• Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice;
• Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in supporting the needs of unpaid carers around Devon;
• Discounts for our on-site Kidzone (After School & Holiday Clubs, and Pre-School);
• Free use of our on-site, fully equipped gym, with free parking available;
• Cycle to work scheme.
What we are looking for:
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please make reference as to how you meet these in your covering letter ensuring similar work examples are included:
• Experience of delivering Communications and Marketing campaigns for a charity or similar organisation;
• Experience of delivering internal communications;
• Experience managing multiple streams of work to given deadlines;
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to empathise with the needs of carers;
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and creative software;
• Experience of using content management systems to update websites and working with web developers.
Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along the west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank, and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. Devon Carers is the focus for the delivery of a number of services for unpaid carers of all ages across Devon, including peer support, hospital services and young carers.
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit an up-to-date CV, with a covering letter outlining how you meet the shortlisting criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on the closing date.
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupCommunications, Marketing & PR
- Salary Details
£23,019.89 per annum FTE
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required