Clyst Vale is a thriving and vibrant 11- 18 Community College situated five miles from Exeter. Visitors to Clyst Vale usually comment on the friendly, orderly atmosphere, the courtesy of our students, and the purposefulness in lessons. We have clear expectations and systems, but far more important are the excellent working relationships we establish between staff and students, as well as staff and parents. We remain the only Secondary school in Devon to be accredited Gold Rights Respecting School status.
Starting as soon as possible we are looking to recruit a good, maintenance allrounder. Ideally you will have a range of skills including carpentry with plumbing, plastering and other wet trades desirable but not essential.
This role would suit someone just starting out in maintenance who is looking to gain experience in a supportive environment or someone looking to find job security in a traditionally uncertain industry. As part of a small team the successful candidate will undertake a range of regular maintenance and caretaking duties during term time and more complex projects during holiday periods. In addition they will be responsible for the security of the site at the end of the day.
Hours of Work:
Term Time 31¼ hours per week x 39 weeks
13:00 – 20:00 Monday - Thursday
12:00 noon – 19:00 Friday
Holiday time 37½ hours per week x 13 weeks
08:45 – 17.00 Monday – Friday
We are looking for:
- Experience of general maintenance
- Ability to undertake a range of maintenance tasks, including carpentry,
- Good computer skills.
- GCSE grade C in Maths or English or equivalent
- Trade qualification or equivalent is desirable but not essential
We can offer
- A unique opportunity to work within a Rights Respecting School with a strong community ethos
- A supportive CPD programme
- CVCC work wear & safety footwear
- 23 days holiday per annum (rising to 26 days after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays and 3 additional days at Christmas
- Local Government Pension Scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
To apply, please visit our website: https://www.clystvale.org/vacancies/
Interview Date: Thursday 19th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
CVCC D: £21,857 - £23,375 (actual salary)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
see advert details
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required