Level 3 Teaching Assistants ( 2 posts) - Galmpton C of E Primary School (Academy for Character and Excellence)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- Torbay NJC Grade D (SCP 5-6): Starting at £11.18 per hour
Excellence through Cultivating Character, Sharing Talents and Pursuing Innovation
The Academies for Character and Excellence has eight Primary Schools and three Pre-schools making up a dynamic and innovative learning organisation.
We live our mission and return to this constantly to help guide every action. At the heart of all we do is the pursuit of excellence; we want to grow an exceptional trust, comprised of excellent schools. We are achieving this through our shared core values of collaboration, community, equity, and of course uncompromising excellence.
We are truly collaborative and we work together within, and across, our schools to ensure that all our children and members of staff achieve their potential. Together we work to create a full and rich curriculum offer allowing everyone to flourish - we translate our vision of excellence into our everyday practice. We are proud of our outcomes, but we aspire to achieve more than just academic excellence for our children. We also want our children to become healthy thinkers, curious explorers, caring citizens, knowledgeable participants and confident individuals.
We aim to serve our communities, and our schools make every effort to connect with families, local community groups and organisations to ensure that our children and families are nurtured, supported and provided with opportunities through our schools.
Our value of equity leads us to want the very best of every child and every member of staff. The Academies for Character and Excellence believes in ‘Personal Growth for All’ and we are committed to tackle inequalities and overcome disadvantage, and to provide bespoke opportunities for professional learning for all.
Required to start September 2023.
For Galmpton C of E Primary, we are looking to appoint two exceptional candidates who:
• Will be enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated working alongside the class teacher
• Will occasionally supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers (i.e. cover supervision) and respond to questions and generally assist pupils in undertaking set activities when fulfilling this supervisory role.
• Will be required to work under the direction of the class teacher and liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school
• Responsible for working with individual pupils and small groups
• Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion
• Have experience of working with children. Ideally, within a school environment
• Can inspire and motivate children and enable them to be the best that they can be
• Have the ability to encourage every child to learn and achieve and has enthusiasm, skill and desire to make a difference
• Have a passion to ensure high expectations for all ensuring that they make outstanding progress
• Can plan, prepare and promote constructive play during the lunchtime period
We welcome applications from Level 3 Qualified Teaching Assistants who are highly motivated individuals and who will work effectively as part of our excellent team. They will be keen to contribute to the wider school life, building positive relationships with all members of our community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
For further information or to arrange a school visit please contact the school office directly on 01803 842628.
An Application and Equal Opportunities Form is available to download from https://www.acexcellence.co.uk/ace-trust-vacancies or you can email our People Advisor email@example.com
Applications must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Torbay NJC Grade D (SCP 5-6): Starting at £11.18 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
31.25 hours per week,
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required