Starting 5th September 2022
About the Role:
This is a 13 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
- You will be responsible for making sure that within your rooms you are achieving the desired outcomes that has been set by the Nursery Manager.
- You will need to be ensuring the children’s safety and making sure they are cared for and educated to the highest standard, which must reflect our commitment to the Curiosity Approach Philosophy at all times
- You will need to have effective leadership of staff within the rooms, exemplifying good practice and being a role model for other staff and in the absence of the Nursery Manager
- You would support the Baby Room Team Leader in the supervision and deployment of all staff across the Nursery
- You will be expected to be aware of and comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
If this sounds like you, apply today and become a part of the growing Grafton Childcare family!
The wellbeing and development of our team is paramount to us and so at Grafton Childcare we provide an excellent benefits package, this includes:
- Free five Grafton Childcare's Branded Polo Shirts and 1 Hoodie
- Free lunch (when eaten with the children)
- 29 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) (never work on your Birthday or a Bank Holiday again!)
- 1-2 additional days holiday after 5 - 10 years service, up to a maximum of 20 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Company closure between 24th December and 1st January (never work over Christmas yay!)
- Career Progression
- Lot's of great in-house training provided by Grafton Childcare including Paediatric First Aid, Behaviour Management, Fire Marshal training, Safeguarding Children, The Curiosity Approach Philosophy, Early Years Practitioner/Educator Level 5
- £250 recommend a friend bonus for qualified staff
- Paid Overtime when you attend our Termly Stay Play & Chat sessions (held up to three times a year on Saturday mornings)
- Paid Overtime when you attend full staff meetings held termly and management meetings held six times a year
- Childcare discount - 30% discount for one child when you are at work
- Annual Salary Review
- Nest Workplace Pension Scheme
You will need:
You must have a minimum of a level 3 qualification in childcare relevant to the early years sector with ideally 2 years post qualification experience.
For more information or to arrange a brief chat and collect our application pack please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01626 355066.
To apply, please complete the attached application form and return by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Grafton Childcare Day Nursery & Preschool, 24 Torquay Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1AJ.
You can also visit our website: Grafton Childcare - Opening Hours
Because of the nature of this role, you will need to complete an enhanced criminal record disclosure (DBS check).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment. Grafton Childcare Day Nursery and Preschool is an Equal Opportunities employer
- Work LocationTeignbridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcare
- Salary Details
£11.50 -£12.50 per hour, £511.75 - £556.25 per week. Minimum £26,611.00 per year.
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
44.5 hours per week, over 5 days, 7.45am-4.30pm (3 days) & 7.45am-6.00pm (2days). Job share considered. 13 month fixed term contract to cover Maternity Leave
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required