Level 2 Teaching Assistants - Mayfield Special School
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- £14,777 per annum based on 5 days a week (actual)
Required to start September 2023.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to join our team at Mayfield School in Torquay which provides support to children at Key Stage 1 to 4 with SLD/PMLD special educational needs.
We currently have both full time and part time positions available. Your requirements can be discussed at the interview. Working hours will be 8.40am to 3.40pm.
No relevant qualifications or experience are necessary as on-site training will be given on the job. We do ask that all candidates have good base English and Maths skills. The starting salary for a Level 2 Teaching Assistant, based on 5 days a week (actual) is £14,777 per annum, paid equally across 12 months.
We are looking for candidates who are keen, motivated and are able to work as part of a team.
You will support the teacher in creating opportunities for the children to learn in their own individual ways. You will need to be creative, flexible, patient, and perceptive, as you will need to write down observations for the teacher. However, as well as supporting the teaching, you will be trained by nurses, therapists and senior staff to carry out many other medical procedures.
The Right Candidate Will Have
• An enthusiasm to learn new skills in a school based environment.
• A good understanding of child development and learning processes
• The ability to be a great team player and also be able to work independently and use initiative
• An open-minded and inquisitive approach to the job but the ability to work to agreed strategies and procedures
• The ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with children, fellow staff members and families
• Experience of using ICT effectively
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barred list check and other Safeguarding and Medical Checks. The interview will be a panel interview along with a written task and may include other tasks on the day.
All candidates will be required to provide two references which will be taken up if shortlisted but before interview.
Please apply for this job via our online TES portal https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/mayfield-school-1036175 . Applications submitted elsewhere will not be checked.
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£14,777 per annum based on 5 days a week (actual)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeTerm Time
Various contracts available, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required