These posts are fixed term until August 2023.
Oldway Primary School is looking for three Teaching Assistants who is passionate about engaging learners and supporting them to achieve their best. We have 2 full time posts (27.5) and 1 morning post available (21.25) to start in September 2022.
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
We are seeking to appoint three teaching assistants on a fixed term contract to support 1:1 children or small groups of children with EHCP’s in place. For all posts, you will be well-supported by the class teachers and teaching assistants in the year team and the year leader, along with specialists within the school's inclusion team: SENDCo, Family Support Worker, pastoral team, Assistant Heads and Head of School.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who:
• are extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to supporting learners in the classroom;
• are committed to, and enthusiastic about, working in partnership with other colleagues to deliver the highest quality support and ensure the best possible outcomes for every child;
• have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
• are able to work effectively within our hard-working, talented and friendly school;
• are able to be flexible in their approaches to meeting the needs of different learners;
• are reflective and committed to developing their own practice;
• have the sense of humour and sense of fun that are essential in working successfully in a busy, ever-changing environment.
Criteria for the post:
• A proven record of recent experience working with primary pupils within a school setting (preferred)
• English and Mathematics GCSE (minimum C Grade) or GCE O Level or equivalent (essential)
• Further relevant qualifications such as NVQ (preferred but not essential)
We can offer you:
• Happy, enthusiastic, creative children and colleagues;
• A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos;
• A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and ensuring every child achieves their full potential;
• A commitment to high quality continued professional development;
• Practice informed by evidence-based research;
• High quality, personalised CPD for all staff;
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals;
• Opportunities to develop your career within our Trust;
Post 1 & 2: Teaching Assistants
The starting salary will be £12,021, which is Grade C, Scale Point 3 and based on 27.5 hours per week (8.45am – 15.15pm Monday to Friday), for 39 weeks per year. (Full Time Equivalent £18,887).
Post 3: Teaching Assistant - Morning
The starting salary will be £9,289, which is Grade C, Scale Point 3 and based on 21.25 hours per week (8.45am – 13.00pm Monday to Friday), for 39 weeks per year. (Full Time Equivalent £18,887).
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Please see the job description for further details regarding these posts.
Please state clearly which post(s) you wish to be considered for. In your application, please describe your strengths, training and recent experience - as well as your interests outside of school and your career aspirations.
The application form can be found on the school website: https://www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies/ and completed applications should be sent to: HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SYor emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date.
Inspiring the individuals today, for a better society tomorrow
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
see advert text
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
see advert text
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required