Oldway Primary School is looking for two Teaching Assistants who are passionate about engaging learners and supporting them to achieve their best to start 5 September 2022 (or as near to).
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
We are seeking to appoint two teaching assistants on a fixed term contract (until August 2023) to support 1:1 children or small groups of children with EHCP’s in place. For both posts, you will be well-supported by the class teachers and teaching assistants in the year team and the year leader, along with specialists within the school's inclusion team: SENDCo, Family Support Worker, pastoral team, Assistant Heads and Head of School.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who:
• Are extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to supporting learners in the classroom;
• Are committed to, and enthusiastic about, working in partnership with other colleagues to deliver the highest quality support and ensure the best possible outcomes for every child;
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
• Are able to work effectively within our hard-working, talented and friendly school;
• Are able to be flexible in their approaches to meeting the needs of different learners;
• Are reflective and committed to developing their own practice;
• Have the sense of humour and sense of fun that are essential in working successfully in a busy, ever-changing environment.
Criteria for the post:
• A proven record of recent experience working with primary pupils within a school setting (preferred);
• English and Mathematics GCSE (minimum C Grade) or GCE O Level or equivalent (essential);
• Further relevant qualifications such as NVQ (preferred but not essential).
We can offer you:
• Happy, enthusiastic, creative children and colleagues;
• A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos;
• A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and ensuring every child achieves their full potential;
• A commitment to high quality continued professional development;
• Practice informed by evidence-based research;
• High quality, personalised CPD for all staff;
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals;
• Opportunities to develop your career within our Trust.
In your application, please describe your strengths, training and recent experience - as well as your interests outside of school and your career aspirations.
Please see the job description for further details regarding these posts.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
The application form can be found at www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned to HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2SY or email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Inspiring the individuals today, for a better society tomorrow
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C Scale Point 3 £18,887 per annum pro rata (£13,113 per annum actual salary)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week (8.45am - 3.15pm, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required