Level 2 Teaching Assistant & After School Club Assistant - Berry Pomeroy C of E Primary School (Academies for Character and Excellence)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- Devon NJC Grade C (SCP 4-6) from £10.98 per hour
Excellence through Cultivating Character, Sharing Talents and Pursuing Innovation
The Academies for Character and Excellence has eight Primary Schools and three Pre-Schools making up a dynamic and innovative learning organisation. We also work in partnership with two other schools in the Exeter area, who will be joining us officially later in the year.
We live our mission and return to this constantly to help guide every action. At the heart of all we do is the pursuit of excellence; we want to grow an exceptional trust, comprised of excellent schools. We are achieving this through our shared core values of collaboration, community, equity and, of course, uncompromising excellence.
We are truly collaborative, and we work together within, and across, our schools to ensure that all our children and members of staff achieve their potential. Together, we work to create a full and rich curriculum offer allowing everyone to flourish - we translate our vision of excellence into our everyday practice. We are proud of our outcomes, but we aspire to achieve more than just academic excellence for our children. We also want our children to become healthy thinkers, curious explorers, caring citizens, knowledgeable participants and confident individuals.
We aim to serve our communities, and our schools make every effort to connect with families, local community groups and organisations to ensure that our children and families are nurtured, supported and provided with opportunities through our schools.
Our value of equity leads us to want the very best of every child and every member of staff. The Academies for Character and Excellence believes in ‘Personal Growth for All’ and we are committed to tackle inequalities and overcome disadvantage, and to provide bespoke opportunities for professional learning for all.
We have a vacancy within our support team for an exceptional Level 2 Teaching Assistant and Wrap around Care Assistant who:
• Will be enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated, working alongside the class teacher to support all children across all areas of the curriculum;
• Will be required to work under the direction of the class teacher and liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school;
• Will be responsible for working with individual pupils and small groups;
• Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion;
• Has experience of working with children, ideally within a school environment;
• Can inspire and motivate children and enable them to be the best that they can be;
• Has the ability to encourage every child to learn and achieve and has the enthusiasm, skill and desire to make a difference;
• Has a passion to ensure high expectations for all, ensuring that they make outstanding progress;
• Can plan, prepare and promote constructive play during the lunchtime period.
We welcome applications from Level 2 Qualified Teaching Assistants who are highly motivated individuals and who will work effectively as part of our excellent team. They will be keen to contribute to the wider school life, building positive relationships with all members of our community.
As Wrap Around Care Assistant, you will be required to provide a caring and secure environment for the pupils who attend the before and after school club. You will provide engaging activities for our children and develop good working relationships with children and parents alike. We are looking for applicants who are dedicated to making a difference to children’s lives and to ensure every child has the opportunities they deserve.
For further information or to arrange a school visit, please contact the school office on 01803 863519.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
An application form is available to download from www.acexcellence.co.uk/ace-trust-vacancies or you can contact our People Advisor by emailing email@example.com.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: w/c 5 June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcareEducation Support
- Salary Details
Devon NJC Grade C (SCP 4-6) from £10.98 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37.5 hours per week (8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, 3 x 30 minutes unpaid breaks - hours are negotiable by discussion)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required