Location: Upton St James Church of England Primary School, St James Road, Torquay, Devon TQ1 4AZ
Required to start March 2024.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who can both support learners across the school and leading a range of interventions.
The applicants need to have patience, resilience and care.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 19 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will:
• Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
• Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils
• Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
• Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment
• Have experience of delivering interventions for children
We will offer you:
• Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
• A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
• A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
• A commitment to high quality/ continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Please visit the below website for our Trust policies and our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy:
Please visit Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am on Tuesday 27th February 2024
Interview Date: Friday 1st March 2024
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
: SC Grade 2 SCP 3-5: starting salary £ 9,053 per annum (£22,737 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
17.5 hours per week (8.45am -12.15pm Monday - Friday), 38 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required