Required to start immediately.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who can both support effective classroom-based learning and a number of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who require additional support.
This post is fixed term until 31st August 2023
The applicants need to have patience, resilience and care.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 18 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will:
• Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
• Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils
• Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
• Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment
• Have experience of delivering interventions for children
We will offer you:
• Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
• A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
• A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
• A commitment to high quality continued professional development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please visit Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 2nd December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
SC Grade 2 SCP 3-5: starting salary £4,083 per annum (£20,812 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
8 hours and 40 mins per week (Tuesday - Friday 1pm to 3.10pm), 38 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required