Learning Support Assistant - The Outdoors Group Ltd
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- £19,798 - £23,000 per annum (progressive pay band)
Location: The Outdoors School - South Brent site
Required to start April 2023.
The Outdoors Group School is an Independent Special School that is based solely outside in a woodland setting for learners with SEMH and ASD needs. We believe in developing the whole learner, not just their academic ability. We use a project-based method, allowing the learner to be completely autonomous, whilst contributing to a well-rounded education based on skills for lifelong learning and personal development.
The school caters for KS2 and KS3 learners (ages 7-14) and aims to provide a space for learners to develop skill sets and a growth mindset that they have been unable to in previous settings. We have now extended our provision to include KS4. We work closely with learners’ support networks, both professional and familial and try to create a holistic and engaging place for learners to grow.
We are looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to join our team in South Brent. They will be expected to work closely with the other members of their team, to deliver learner centred learning opportunities, ensuring they differentiate lesson plans and schemes of work to apply to the individual needs of their learners.
Purpose of Role
- You will support the needs for your assigned tutor group of learners, provide crisis management and needs based support for assigned learners and be support for other staff requiring support.
- You will support staff by helping with behaviour strategy recording and review. You will work with either individuals or small groups all of which will have varying levels of need within ASD and SEMH.
- You will contribute to the assessment of behaviour care plan, risk assessments and other elements using the Individual Learning Plan with particular focus on SEMH development.
- Resilience to working outside in all weathers
- Resilience to working in an emotionally challenging environment
- Resilience to work with dysregulated learners
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties outlined in this job description are in addition to those covered by The Outdoors School policies and procedures. They may be modified by the Headteacher, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title.
- Support learning across all curriculum elements: Support learning across all curriculum elements: Literacy, Numeracy, SMEH, PHSE, Forest Skills, STEM, Physical and Creative
- Review IBSPs & PDRs for learners
- Complete PASS tests and reviews as required
- Provide support for other staff requiring support
- Ensure opportunities to meet EHCP target
- Provide written reports for other colleagues / professionals (eg prior to EHCP review meetings)
- Ensure opportunities are provided for learners within their individual learning style
- Use creative ways to assess and record progress
- Contact with home, to include supporting with the Home Learning Environment
- Safeguarding duties
- Updating/maintaining records e.g School Pod
- Ability to be flexible to the learning environment/ taking people off on the 121
- Able to implement a reflective or restorative process with individual learners
- Building rapport and understanding with individual learners
- Proactive work spotting the signs and trends of an individual’s behaviour
- Engage in staff supervision and appraisal process
- Engage in critical reflective practice and participate in CPD opportunities, developing and sharing ideas and best practice for training and delivery
- Ensure that learners experience a supportive and positive staff team at all times
You are expected to be aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures for The Outdoors Group.
This post requires a DBS check.
For more information and to discuss the role please email email@example.com.
For further information about the role please view the full job specification which can be found on our website here: https://www.outdoorsgroup.co.uk/work-with-us/
To apply please send a covering letter and complete the application form on our website. Please note we will only accept submissions from candidates who complete an application form.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
The Outdoors School - South Brent site
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£19,798 - £23,000 per annum (progressive pay band)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37.5 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required