We are looking for a candidate who is keen, motivated and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will preferably have experience of working in a school setting.
The successful applicant will have proven experience of working with children or young people and will be able to demonstrate commitment and expertise in improving educational and social outcomes. You will be enthusiastic, empathetic, patient and approachable, with a genuine commitment to supporting children’s learning.
Salary: Grade C or Grade D depending on experience.
Grade C, Point Range 3 - 4, £22,737 - £23,114 per annum (Actual pro rata salary £14,842.14) (Dependent on length of service)
Grade D, Point Range 5 - 6, £23,500 - £23,893 per annum (Actual pro rata salary £15,340.10) (Dependent on length of service)
Specific to this post:
• To support teaching and learning of a named SEND pupil/s as directed by the Learning Support Coordinator to help them achieve their expected levels of progress.
• Work with subject teachers to differentiate work and prepare for use by SEND pupils.
• To support the personal organisation and interactions of named SEND pupil/s, to enable them to participate fully in the Academy.
• To support the behaviour of named SEND pupil/s to help them remain in the classroom and participate fully in lessons. • Collate information on student’s abilities as directed.
• Attend EHCP review meetings as directed.
• Support named pupils, providing individual advice and guidance.
• To support the physical needs of pupils, ensuring access to the curriculum and the academy buildings and activities.
• Be prepared to undertake training in the specific demands of supporting pupils with SEND.
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent to the Personnel Department of Bay Education Trust (relevant email address on the website below). To access the Candidate Information, Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form, please visit www.bayeducationtrust.org
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Please see the advert text for the salary details
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
Up to 28.08 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required