Location: West Yarner, Devon
Support, nurture, inspire, empower
On Track Education in West Yarner is a mixed, day special school. The school provides education for up to 24 pupils aged 7-16 who benefit from small group and individualised learning. We use the Thrive approach to develop healthy, happy, confident children who are ready and open to learning. The school operates from 2 sites in Dartington and Newton Abbot.
• Provide individual support and supervision for students aged between 7-16, encouraging their engagement in the learning process, working towards agreed aims and objectives.
• Plan and deliver parts of the learning or intervention programme for the young people.
• Work 1:1 and in small groups with pupils as part of a professional team contributing towards meeting the academic, social, behavioural and emotional needs of young people.
• Deliver intervention programmes on a 1:1 and small group basis for phonics and catch up maths.
• Deliver intervention sessions for pupils on a 1:1 basis both on and off site
• Experience of working with children and young people
• An interest in supporting pupils to overcome barriers to learning
• A commitment to positive behaviour management
• Good general standard of education to Level 2 including GCSE Grade C equivalent in English and Maths
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
• To experience a different ethos regarding education
Starting salary is £19,760 per annum. This is the actual salary and is not pro rata for term time. You are paid all year round but will only be expected to work on the school site during term time.
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form contact email@example.com
Please apply by 5pm on the closing date.