The LIBRA School is dedicated to the care and education of 45 children (aged 5-18) with special educational needs, specifically social, emotional and behavioural.
Here’s a job where everything you do can make a huge difference to a child. In return, you receive a good salary and generous time off!
We require outgoing, confident people with a joy for life to support our children with their education and social development in our specialised Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ SEN environment which includes a farm and forest school. Personality, charisma and resilience are more important than experience in a school, but we do also love experience!
We can offer a small, friendly and very supportive team of teachers, learning support staff, therapists and leaders who are keen to promote your professional development so we can offer our children the best possible learning experience.
• £10.42 - £11.85 gross per hour (£19,340 - £22,000 per annum);
• Range is dependent upon qualifications and experience;
• Promotion opportunities available;
• We will consider an apprentice role (£12,000 gross);
• We will consider part time applications in excess of 3 days per week.
• 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday), 8am - 4pm or 8.25am - 4.25pm (depending on school needs);
• Term time working plus 48 hours (48 hours is paid training outside of term time hours, the majority of these hours is working from home);
• Start date can be discussed (pending clearance from the DBS via the completion of an Enhanced DBS Check, as well as at least two satisfactory signed references).
Libra is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers. This post is identified as being within the scope of Regulated Activity and requires a cleared Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Agency. As such, all previous criminal convictions deemed to be expired under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act are required to be declared. This may not negate the applicant from being appointed.
The application form and job description are available from www.libraschool.co.uk.