Learn Devon is seeking to expand our team of Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) across the county. Each post will be part of the local area team based in the nearest centre, but it will involve travel to local community venues. Our four learning centres are: Tavistock, Newton Abbot, Exmouth and Bideford. We are looking for staff in all areas, with various contract sizes
Working closely with our tutors, our LSAs have an interesting and diverse role that involves supporting individuals or groups of learners across a range of courses.
Our service delivery is very much community-learning focussed to provide learning and development opportunities for adults across the county including English and Maths GCSE and Functional Skills, apprenticeships, Digital Skills, Employability Skills, Languages and Arts & Crafts. We also work with a variety of cohorts including fee-paying adults, the unemployed, people with mental health conditions, those with physical and learning disabilities, families, care leavers, the vulnerably housed, people recovering from substance abuse and others.
The focus of our delivery is face to face in classrooms at our Learning centres and local venues such as schools, community spaces and job centres which you will be expected to travel to. Most courses run during the week throughout term-time and some scheduled evening work will be required, along with occasional planned weekend work. There will also be a requirement to work during some school holidays however this is likely to be a much smaller programme than term time.
In addition to face-to-face, our programme includes online courses; it is essential that you are confident in delivering online learning support in live, virtual classrooms. Our online delivery utilises ‘Zoom’ to host virtual classes, as well as various Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Outlook, OneNote (Class Notebook), OneDrive, Teams, Sharepoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Your IT ability should be such that you can confidently engage in the online learning environment or develop your skills to a competent standard with training that we will provide.
If you are passionate about adult learning, want the opportunity to work with inspiring tutors, have had experience in a learning environment or in supporting adults, are competent in English and Maths to GCSE standard, can engage in delivery of online virtual learning, and are interested in developing and improving your learning support skills with adults, then this role is for you.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£18,516 - £18,887 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required