Learning Support Assistant / Mealtime Assistant (2 posts) - Upton St James CofE Primary School (St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
Candidates are invited to apply for both positions.
Post 1 - Learning Support Assistant
LSA Salary: SC Grade 2 SCP 3-5, starting salary £ 4,101 per annum (£20,812 FTE)
Hours/weeks: 8.40 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Temporary linked to EHCP funding (provision until 31/08/2024)
Start Date: September 2023
Post 2 - Mealtime Assistant
MTA Salary: SC Grade 1 SCP 2, starting salary £2,325 per annum (£20,441 FTE)
Hours/weeks: 5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Contract term: maternity cover until provisional date of 31/03/24
Start Date: September 2023
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who can both support effective classroom-based learning and a number of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who require additional support.
The applicants need to have patience, resilience and care.
Upton St James is a wonderful, inclusive school on a small site with a huge heart. We are based in a Victorian school building but hold modern, nurturing values. Our strong Christian Ethos helps to create a warm, calm atmosphere, whilst priding ourselves on our high achievements. The Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Trust - a family of 19 Church and Community Schools spanning three local authorities and providing a rich network of collaboration.
Successful candidates will: -
- Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
- Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils
- Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment
- Have experience of delivering interventions for children
We will offer you: -
- Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality/ continued professional development
Applicants should outline the experience and expertise they would bring to this role. A relevant qualification of NVQ Level 3 is desirable.
Please visit Home | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 9th June 2023