Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in Totnes is a mixed, day special school which opened in November 2005. The school provides education for up to 48 pupils aged 11-19 who benefit from small group and individualised learning. We use the Thrive approach to develop healthy, happy, confident children who are ready and open to learning. The main school is located in Totnes with a second school site nearby in Seale Hayne, Newton Abbot.
We are looking to recruit Learning Mentors to join our growing team. You will be required to work both on and off the two South Devon sites and at a range of offsite venues and therefore you must be able to drive, have use of your own vehicle and have business insurance.
The successful candidates will provide individual support and supervision for students aged between 11-19, encouraging their engagement in the learning process, working towards agreed aims and objectives. They will plan and deliver parts of the learning or intervention and enrichment programme for the young people. They will work 1:1 and in small groups with students as part of a professional team contributing towards meeting the academic, social, behavioural and emotional needs of young people.
- To provide professional 1:1 mentoring, support and supervision for pupils aged between 11-19, encouraging their engagement in the learning process and working towards agreed aims and objectives
- To plan, deliver and evidence sections of individual learning programmes to pupils both on and off school sites
- To mentor and support vulnerable young people helping to improve their emotional wellbeing, raise their aspirations to learn, and support them in achieving their potential
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Good general standard of education (GCSE Grade 4 in English and Maths or equivalent)
- The ability to inspire confidence and commitment from and to motivate young people
- The ability to effectively and positively manage challenging behaviour
Why work for On Track?
- Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
- To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does, and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form contact email@example.com
Closing date: On enquiry you will be sent an application form. Completed application forms to be submitted by 5pm, Friday 2nd December 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsTeignbridgeDevon
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£19,760 - £23,010 per annum dependent on experience. This is the actual salary you will receive as you will be paid during the school holidays.
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday - Friday
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required