Teign School are seeking to appoint a Learning Coach to join this highly successful secondary school to support learning in the classroom.
The post is fixed-term with effect from 2 January 2024 to 31 August 2024 in the first instance.
We are seeking to recruit inspiring, motivated and highly enthusiastic individual to encourage learning and who understands the importance of building confidence in order to access and improve learning across all levels. Some experience working with SEN would be an advantage; however, an understanding of SEN together with patience, good humour and willingness to learn are equally important.
This post may suit a recent graduate who wishes to gain experience of working in a secondary education setting before embarking on a teacher training course.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with young people;
- have an understanding and experience of how young people learn and develop;
- be able to take the initiative and adapt strategies in order to work towards a successful outcome;
- be able to support all students to access the curriculum;
- be able to work as part of a team;
- be creative, flexible and have a positive outlook.
The full-time hours for a Learning Coach are 30 hours per week, 39 weeks pa but we would also welcome part-time or job share applications - please state your preference when submitting your application.
Education South West is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This includes checks with past employers, an online check of publicly available information, including social media, and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details are available in the application pack via the school’s website - www.teignschool.org.uk.
Please email completed applications to Ruth Atkinson, Headteacher’s PA - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 4 December 2023 (9am).
Interview Date: To take place shortly after the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C, scp 5 - 7: £23,500 - £24,294 FTE (£16,173 - £16,719 actual pay range)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week (term-time plus five days) 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required