Required from April 2023 a Lead teacher for IT and Computing. For the right candidate there may be an option to take on additional responsibility within the college’s extended leadership team at South Devon University Technical College (SDUTC is part of Education South West). South Devon UTC is a 14-19 college specialising in digital technology, health care sciences and engineering.
Digital Technology is a new pathway at the UTC that started in September 2022. The successful candidate will lead and develop the digital specialism. The ability to teach across the digital technology spectrum including Computing, IT and industry related qualifications will be an advantage.
Students who join us at Key Stage 4 study the core subjects and then a range of digital qualifications. At Key Stage 5 we currently deliver the Extended Diploma Level 3 in IT.
Please come for a visit and meet the key staff and team members.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a small specialist college where all staff are viewed as part of the family.
- Somewhere where leaders look after you as well as encourage you to pursue your aspirations and goals.
- A college where the learning experience focused on technical and employability skills for young people is the centre of everything that we do.
- A college with a healthy view of the work life balance needed to be a great teacher.
- Shared schemes of learning and pre-planned resources support workload reduction.
- A sensible and balanced approach to marking and feedback in order to further reduce workload.
- The freedom to experiment in your own classroom.
- A clear behaviour policy which supports you to be able to teach with enthusiasm and freedom to a receptive audience.
- Opportunities to share your practice and learn from others across the trust and the teaching school alliance.
Education Southwest is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, social media and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are interested in this position please email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 30 January 2023 at 9am.
Interview Date: Likely to take place on Friday 3 February 2023.