The Ted Wragg Trust is an ambitious and inclusive Trust of schools, strengthening our communities through excellent education. With a reputation for highly successful school improvement in very challenging circumstances, we are passionate about driving up standards and raising the aspirations of all our students.
The Trust are seeking to appoint a Lead Education Welfare Officer, to join our in-house Education Welfare Service. They will promote positive attitudes towards regular school attendance across the Trust schools in order to improve attendance levels and support the requirements of the Trust schools to fulfil their legal obligations.
The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator and will be enthusiastic in their approach. They will promote excellent attendance and punctuality and support the families of children that attend our schools to ensure their child attends school regularly and on time, and to help them overcome any challenges that they may face.
The successful candidates will lead a city team, monitor the attendance of children and provide support to families where attendance falls below our expected standards. The Lead EWO will also support families in a wide variety of other ways, including signposting to agencies for support, involving parents in the life of the school and supporting with effective and transparent communication to avoid confusion.
This is a unique opportunity, where you will be able to develop your skills and experience to positively enhance the learning and life experiences of pupils who are keen to learn, whilst working in an ambitious and collaborative team across our Trust.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person. We are seeking:
• An experienced and highly skilled professional with a proven track record of impact (technical training is offered);
• An ambitious and inclusive practitioner;
• A driven and effective team player;
• An individual who can cultivate effective working relationships with schools, parents and families, sometimes delivering tough messages with care and sensitivity;
• An individual who is passionate about making a difference to children's lives with high levels of integrity, courage and a commitment to school-to-school collaboration;
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with dedicated and committed staff teams across our growing Trust;
• First class professional development and on-going career development;
• Networking opportunities to share best practice and learn from each other;
• The chance to make a real difference to the lives of children and families.
The Ted Wragg Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and operate in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before an appointment is confirmed. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
The Trust is committed to ensuring that our employees are able to achieve their full potential in an environment offering dignity, respect and equality of opportunity.
If you are able to meet the requirements of this role, we would love to hear from you. For an informal conversation to find out more about the role, please contact Simon Weir by emailing Simon.email@example.com
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the Ted Wragg Trust website https://www.tedwraggtrust.co.uk/vacancy/
All applications should be made by completing the Trust application form, including evidence of how you meet the person specification for the role and should be submitted to HR@tedwraggtrust.co.uk by midday on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade G : £28,547 - £32,028 (£33,486 - £37,568 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week 39 weeks per annum, term time only
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required